Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Facebook Vs. Life Comparison

Dear friends, acquaintances, or other people who usually read my status updates on Facebook,

I will say it has been quite a while, right? I remember when I first made the decision out of spite and anger and just depressed decision making. The more I think about it today and in the recent past days, I realized how much I get more out of life and now I can truly enjoy what experiences I have been somewhat missing in my life. But here's what I say to those who miss my status updates nowadays; you're probably missing some bright insight in your life, some optimism, or just a kind little bit of good news and honesty in this world, and quite frankly, I don't blame you.

Ever since I left on our band Spring Trip, I did a little getting closer to God thing, and living out His word and plans for my life. When I made the decision last Wednesday to go on the trip solo and not hang out with anyone else...Well, that was before I realized that my roommates are actually pretty incredible people. I always thought to myself, you're not close friends with them, so you're not going to be able to have a great time with them; but of course, Sean always kept telling me that two of them he was really great friends with, and for the most part, I trusted him, so of course I would be up for hang out time.

And boy was our room living it up! There were some of the greatest new experiences I've gladly called nowadays to be really something special and memorable. For instance, don't use olive oil to cook bacon on a stove that forgets that high temperatures burn things. Don't use sunscreen that fails to have a spray stream instead of a straight stream of sunscreen, or you might end up having cool sunburn designs. And most of all, don't forget to empty out your pockets before jumping into a body of water, or else you might end up losing one of your favorite electronic devices to that horrible thing called flooded by H2O. I enjoyed my time, most definitely, and I'm so very grateful to have the instances and opportunities I did get to have with my other friends as well as my best bud.

Only problem now is I get back to school and instantly there's an AP test smacking me in the face at 8 A.M. this morning, my job interview for Gatti Town had to be postponed due to my band director for jazz having to tell me to reschedule because I wouldn't be able to miss rehearsal yet again...Those commitments, of course I stick to them! And now that I currently still do not have a job, I have to raise money for the rest of my church camp fee, and I've got a load of make-up work. Honestly, now that I have no more Facebook for a little while, I feel I can get stuff done and there's nothing to distract me from reaching my goals now, with the exception of outer influences and other people's opinions and decisions I can't make nor control.

So in the grand scheme of things, it seems like a matter of refocusing on God and feeling His love and compassionate word take over my life for what it is and for what I've done and for what I'm to do in the very near future. And whatever God has planned for me before my high school career is over, well, I'll do what I can, and I won't slack off anymore. There's no more room for slacking, procrastinating excessively, or laziness. Time to get this show on the road and continue to improve my performance and motives and morals.

You've probably heard this once before, and now I will be saying this in the same mindset that others would say it: Facebook, you're pretty boring compared to life.

So thank You, God, for today, and a wonderful day to everyone else. To my Facebook readers, I sure hope you'll be reading these posts as these will be a nice substitute for my statuses, and I can certainly expand on thoughts that can be found on this blog rather than on someone's Facebook News Reel where it's probably not wanted or taking up space. More to come as I can now find time to keep up with my blog!

1 comment:

  1. HOWDY~ (oh gosh I feel like a stalker)

    Okay so first of all, I'm ultra-bummed that you're not gonna be on Facebook anymore but then I realized it's such a great idea. So I jumped a bandwagon I remembered "holy crap, I have a blog". LOL. orz

    Anyway, I must say that it was a pretty fabulous spring trip this year and I'm sorry about your camera because it was a pretty nice one. D: I have a few old ones; I wonder if any of them work and if they do, I could give one to you so you have something to use until you get a good one. o:

    See you around and I hope you can I can both get back into the swing of our blogs because as much as I tease you, I really did like your huge posts on Facebook. ;D

    ReplyDelete